Baldwin Home Inspections


Previously known as Hick’s Neck and later Milburn, Baldwin was founded in 1855 (as Baldwinsville) and named in honor of Thomas Baldwin (1795–1872), a sixth-generation member of the Baldwin family of Hempstead and the leading merchant of Milburn at the time. Baldwin owned a general store named T. Baldwin and Sons. He also had a hotel at what would now be considered the northwest corner of Merrick Road and Grand Avenue. A third enterprise was his sawmill, which he operated by Silver Lake just southeast of the hotel.

Elevation: 22.97′
Zip code: 11510
Population: 24,033 (2010)
Area code: 516
County: Nassau