East Islip is a hamlet and census-designated place (CDP) within the Town of Islip in Suffolk County, New York. Originally referred to as “East of Islip”, the name was acquired in 1890 from the estate of William Nicoll, an English aristocrat who purchased the surrounding land in 1683 to erect a family residence. Nicoll’s purchase comprised 51,000 acres from the Secatogue Indians, reaching as far as Bayport to the east, Babylon to the west and Ronkonkoma to the north. His mansion, Islip Grange, named after his family’s ancestral estate at Northampshire, England, stood near the shoreline of what is now Heckscher State Park.
Zip Code: 11730
Area Code: 631