Glen Cove is a city on the North Shore of Long Island, New York. Of Nassau County’s five municipalities, Glen Cove is one of the two municipalities that is a city, rather than a town, the other being Long Beach on the South Shore. Glen Cove was used as a port by English migrants from New England and named “Moscheto” before 1668. On May 24, 1668 Joseph Carpenter of Warwick, Rhode Island purchased about 2,000 acres of land to the northwest of the Town of Oyster Bay from the Matinecock.
Zip Code: 11542
Area Code: 516