Hauppauge Home Inspections


Hauppauge

 

 

According to the historian Simeon Wood, the first house in greater Hauppauge dates to 1731, being located on what would be the Arbuckle Estate, and later the southeast corner of the Hauppauge Industrial Park, near the intersection of Motor Parkway and Old Willets Path. The settlement of Hauppauge proper commenced with the family of Thomas Wheeler prior to 1753, at the present-day location of the Wave gas station between Townline and Wheeler Road. The locale would take the Wheelers’ name as its own until the 1860s when the name Hauppauge was restored. On March 13, 1806, “a meeting of the male members of the Methodist Society of the ‘Haupogues’ was convened at the School House agreeable to public notice for the express purpose of Incorporating and Electing Trustees for said Society.” The first trustees elected at the meeting presided by Timothy Wheeler and Issac Wheeler were Issac Nichols, Elkanah Wheeler, George Wheeler, and Samuel Brush. They were known as the “Trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church and Congregation of the Haupogues”. In 1812 the Hauppauge Methodist Church that stands today was constructed on land donated by the Wheeler family.

 

Country United States
State New York
County Suffolk
Area
• Total 10.8 sq mi (28.1 km2)
• Land 10.7 sq mi (27.7 km2)
• Water 0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)
Elevation 62 ft (19 m)
Population (2010)
• Total 20,882
• Density 1,900/sq mi (740/km2)
Time zone Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
• Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4)
ZIP codes 11749, 11760, 11788
Area code(s) 631

 

Hauppauge Schools

 

Hauppauge Chamber of Commerce

 

Hauppauge Library

 

Hauppauge Fire Department