Shock Hazard


Shock hazard

While performing a home inspection on Long Island recently I found openings in both the main service panel above and the sub-panel shown below. If you look carefully at the above picture you can see the shiny silver metal. If someone were to reach in and touch this they would get shocked. There is a simple and inexpensive fix for this condition. You can buy plastic covers that are made to fit exactly in the space and provide protection from shock hazard. For more home maintenance and home inspection tips visit our blog.

 

shock hazard

 

Long Island Home Inspection Blog

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *